Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The swamp several days later (Sunning in the swamp 3+ The Western Hive 4)

3 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The swamp several days later (Sunning in the swamp 3+ The Western Hive 4) - Page 4 Empty Re: The swamp several days later (Sunning in the swamp 3+ The Western Hive 4)

Post  SamusRisng Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 am

Ellairhri backed off, she had stopped trying to break in after hearing Atteryv's words. She whined and called out, "Shut up! You don't know anything...let me talk to Marhri, I want to talk to my sister! Not you!" She began pounding against the door again, channeling energy of the blood she had drained to cause more damage and starting to blast it with magic as well. "You can't kill me, you have no idea how strong I am, you won't even be able to keep up with me...and you will not keep me from my sister!"

Marhri winced at Ellairhri's voice, and nuzzled Isrir before saying, "...that was my sister...she won't hurt anybody though. Atteryv will make sure of that." She then looked up at Atteryv and said, "Should I go talk to her? Obviously not outside, but through the stone? Perhaps stall for time a bit, sunrise isn't too far off is it?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

The swamp several days later (Sunning in the swamp 3+ The Western Hive 4) - Page 4 Empty Re: The swamp several days later (Sunning in the swamp 3+ The Western Hive 4)

Post  Arakk Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 am

Atteryv nods to Marhri when she asks if she should talk, motioning her over. Meanwhile, the rock starts spitting flame hot enough to scorch scales when Ellairhri starts assaulting it with magic, having been melted into shape by Atteryv's magic-burning flames, lingering even now. "You can talk with her through the rock.. You're dying for the hatchlings though." He cuddles gently with Tieree, calming down if she stops attacking the barrier.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 am

Isrir whined and scrambled up onto Marhri's back and dug his claws in. He was scared, but prepared enough to go nearer to the door on Marhri's back if she let him. If she didn't, he would climb down and run off to hide in his perch room. Tieree looked over at Marhri and then to the door, hoping things will be ok.

Emmae sat back down, wincing at how much effort Ellairhri was putting into breaking the barrier, but she reassured herself that things would be ok. She relaxed and then walked further near the lair, hoping Ellairhri was distracted enough to not see or hear her. She would then listen to the conversation if she was successful.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 am

Ellairhri seemed to not care at all about the flames attempting to burn her, though the heat did agitate her quite a bit, pushing her to force harder against the stone. a few minutes later though she noticed her magic was having no effect due to these odd flames and stopped the energy anyways, now thoroughly annoyed, she forced as much energy as she could into her forelegs through the blood and struck at the rock again, taking a chunk out, she grinned at the progress and started tearing away with both claws frantically though the sun would be nearing its rise and she would definitely be too distracted to notice Emmae.

"She can't get through the rock...not before sunrise, you said so yourself." Marhri responded with a smile before shaking her head, "Atteryv...we'll be fine, I'm sure. You're looking after everyone." When Isrir would climb onto Marhri's back she commented, "Isrir...I would rather not put you in danger in case the door breaks...but you can stay if you want...if the door does break, I want you to run as fast as you can over to Atteryv, ok?" She approached the doorway then and looked back at Atteryv to give him a nod, showing she was prepared to try stalling Ellairhri long enough for sunrise.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Atteryv nods back and retreats away from the door. "Here she is, you have until sunrise... -If- you stop with the door." Shivering and pulling Tieree close, he hopes Marhri can stall properly.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Isrir does stay on her back in this case. He rests against her scales, gripping her tightly. Tieree snuggled with Atteryv, pushing the thought that anything was wrong to the back of his mind and nibbling his scales.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Ellairhri was starting to get thrilled about smashing in the door and grinned before yelling back, "Oh yeah! Like I'll believe you, little drake..." She continued hacking at the door, glad she was finally able to make progress.

Marhri heard her still going at the door rather aggressively and looked back at Atteryv before calling out, "Elly?..." wondering if she would refer to her nickname. She looked back at Isrir with a very unrelaxed smile and said, "...everything's okay sweetie..." before licking him and staring back at the door with her head down low.

Ellairhri continued tearing away at the door until she heard Marhri's voice, and which point she stopped, backed away slightly and said, "Mar?...Mar! It's you...I was worried with the blood back there and the lair empty. I knew you always liked helping people weaker than yourself, I thought I'd find at least someone there..." Her tail was now wagging slightly, "Mar...I'm so glad to hear from you again, everything's been so horrible-"

Marhri looked back at Atteryv, Ellairhri sounded so sincere it made this even harder for her, but she had seen what happened to the hatchlings in the western hive, so she interrupted, "Elly! Go away! Leave this family alone, please? If you want, I'll come out even...but I'll keep you till sunrise and Atteryv will finish it..." She looked away from the door, eyes clenched before telling Atteryv, "This is hard, but if I keep her talking, she can't possibly do anything before sunrise...right?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 am

Atteryv winces as he hears Ellairhri's sincere tone, assuming that she was faking it until he hears her tail scraping against the tunnel walls. Blinking in confusion, he tilts his head and lets his guard down, licking Tieree over the head and walking forward beside Marhri. "Yes, I think so Marhri.. But listen, can you hear her tail? She doesn't know we can hear that, I don't think she's faking.." Thinking a moment, he asks in a louder tone, "What do you have to say for yourself? Why would anyone forgive you for the massacre you created, much less your sister?" He frowns, willing to see Ellairhri as a victim to some curse or another already.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:21 am

Isrir hugged tightly onto Marhr, confident that she wouldn't let anything bad happen. When Atteryv licked Tieree, he licked back and sat down when he moved away, deciding to keep quiet.

Emmae frowned at Ellairhri's sudden change in mood and moved back away from the lair into the safe shadows of the swamp brush. She was prepared to flee from every one of them if she had to.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 am

Ellairhri's tail stopped quite quickly after Marhri's words and she backed away slightly in shock before calling back in a saddened tone, "Sis?...I wouldn't...hurt you..." She couldn't manage much else until Atteryv spoke up, and for the first time in a while, she thought things through for a moment. Why had she killed the hatchlings, and what did she have to say about it? She had of course enjoyed displaying her power, and gaining more power from taking their lives, but that couldn't be all. She knew back when she was alive, she wouldn't have even considered it, the change couldn't have been so drastic to force that with no reason. She figured that her want of power came from her drive to kill the one that did all this to her, if Emmae had been dead, she would not have needed more than enough blood to get by. Using that reasoning, she replied to Atteryv, "Well...I...it was wrong, but I had reasons...the one that did this to me...I need to kill her...and I needed people to fear me, leave me alone...until that was accomplished...so I made it seem more horrible than it was...none of the hatchlings aside from the final one there, at the academy, suffered. And I made sure that none of them would have to live through what I did too...their wounds are too lethal for them to come back..." The sun was over the horizon now but not burning Ellairhri yet. And she seemed to have lost all aggression after Marhri's words.

Marhri looked between the door and Atteryv nervously for a few moments and asked him, "Are you sure she's not faking it? It really sounds like she isn't...but if she is, then Isrir is in danger...you didn't see the western hive...it was, excessive..." At this she turned her head back and gently nuzzled Isrir. "Whatever the case is...talking seems to be keeping her from breaking in, so that's a good sign...hmm, I have a question for her myself actually. Why threaten you and Isrir and Tieree, if she really was sorry about what she did? That doesn't make any sense..."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 am

Atteryv frowns at the exchange, and at Ellairhri's reply. "She sounds sincere, Marhri.. But she's your sister. Does that sound like her, killing hatchlings in pursuit of revenge?" He sighs and shrugs. "If you think we can trust her, we'll let her in. Your choice though... The sun might just take care of her anyways." He seems enthused by this thought, walking back over to Tieree and leaning against him reassuringly.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 am

Isrir simply nodded to Marhri, shutting his eyes, as if that got rid of his fear. When Atteryv leant back against Tieree, he rested a wing over him again and watched Marhri.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 am

Marhri shakes her head, "That's the odd thing...it doesn't seem like her at all, especially with what happened at the hive. She sounds different too." Marhri looked back towards the entrance and asked, "Do you have means of dealing with her without sunlight or the door? We could risk it if so...but if you think she can break through you to Tieree or Isrir, I think we should probably wait and see what occurs..." At this she gently grabbed Isrir with her maw and slowly pulled, waiting until he let go to apply too much pressure, then when and if he did release, she would hug him tightly to her chest and say, "Isrir...things'll be okay. I promise, and I've never broken a promise to you before, right?"

Ellairhri stared at the door a bit longer before pawing gently and saying, "Please, sis?...come out and see me at least?" At this point the sun would have risen enough to start burning Ellairhri, and she'd yell out in agony for a short while before clumsily fleeing to the shade of nearby trees, she licked and preened her burning scales before making her way to Marhri's lair, to stay there for the day.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 am

Atteryv nuzzles into Tieree to calm himself, the thought that Ellairhri wasn't just some unfeeling monster somewhat disturbing him. He debates for a moment at Marhri's question, getting his answer when Ellairhri cries out and flees to the shade. "Well, the sun is up now, we can find her on our terms now.." It wouldn't be too visible, but he shifts uncomfortably next to Tieree as he considers his thoughts of painfully killing Marhri's undead sister, not so sure of himself anymore. "And I smell burnt scales, seems like the sunlight is worse for her than most.. We'll have the advantage." He steps forward and cautiously moves the boulder out of the tunnel, letting sunlight spill in and padding outside to stand quietly at the rising sun.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 am

Isrir let go of Marhri's back and nuzzle her chest when she hugged him, replying with "Right", not fully understanding what is going on. Tieree nuzzled Atteryv in return and stood back up when he moved away.

Emmae watched in shock, and wandered along the treeline, getting closer to the cave again. She watched the entrance for a few moments, being careful not to be seen by the others, wanting to make sure they were settled down enough before she approached.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 am

Ellairhri nursed her burnt scales and stared out at the entrance of Marhri's lair. She was very depressed that her sister did not trust her, she thought if anything, her sister could understand. She hadn't given up hope on that yet though, after all, their conversation was ended a bit abruptly.

Marhri smiled at Isrir's response and nudged him before saying, "Good...." She set him down as the morning light flooded in, and looked out before nodding to Atteryv, "I think we should go to the western hive...so you can see what my sister has done. I'm not sure if I want to go with you though...are you okay going alone or just with Tieree for now?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Atteryv shudders and shakes his head. "I don't want to.." After a moment, he sighs and nuzzles morosely into Tieree. "But I suppose I should, if any of those hatchlings can still be saved, even one.. I'll go as soon as possible." Frowning uncomfortably, he nudges Tieree gently. "I don't think I'll need help with Ellairhri here.. You can stay here if you want.. No sense in both of us having to see that, unless you want to be there." No stranger to death, having lived in the swamp a fair time, he still dreaded the trip he had just committed to.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Isrir looked around when he was put down and stepped slowly outside. He ebraced the warmth of the sun and lay down, spread out as if he were sun bathing. He watched the outside calmly. Tieree hugged Atteryv tightly and lovingly, licking him over some "I would come with you to be by your side but..." He simply looked over to the purple hatchling lying in the sun.

Emmae watched them for a few moments, listening to their conversation, she frowned at their desicion to actually go to see dead hatchlings. She sighed and took some time to compose herself before appearing before them, a fair distance away so she didn't make them uncomfortable or if she needed to flee. She looked them all over, and lowered her head. She didn't make any movement but of her maw when she spoke "I wouldn't go if I were you. I'm surprised you came up with the idea." Her voice was at a mumble. She looked at Marhri, and sighed "I'm sorry you had to see everything that happened there. I heard you lot talking, and I thought I have to show myself at some point." She had a dull expression on her face, she avoided all eye contact.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Marhri was nodded to Atteryv before being surprised as a black dragon appeared in front of them and advised against it, "But...Atteryv needs to see what happened..." She stepped out of the lair to see the other dragon and stayed by Isrir before asking, "Who are you?...and you've seen the hatchlings?" Marhri had not even considered she was like Ellairhri, because the sun wasn't burning her. When she stated that she was sorry about Marhri seeing it, Marhri stared at her with a bit of confusion and said, "No...it's okay, I probably needed to see it...even if it was..." she fell silent for a moment and shook her head before saying, "Anyways...it's not your fault, but thank you."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:41 am

Atteryv nods agreeably at Tieree's response, twining his tail with the other drake's. "Yes, that's another part of it.. Isrir could stay with Marhri, but there is safety in numbers." When Emmae appears, he quickly notes her position in the shadows, regardless of the fact that she was out in daylight. At her words, and Marhri's response, he nods. "Yes, I need to look.. Especially in case one or more of the hatchlings can be saved. If they can, then maybe there's hope for Marhri's sister..." Going with a forming idea, he ventures, "After all, if your mistake can actually live some sort of life, wouldn't that be worth it?" He raises an eyeridge questioningly at Emmae, fairly certain from her demeanor that she was the one who had created Ellairhri as she was now.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 am

Isrir jumped slightly at Emmae's sudden appearance, and hid behind Marhri's leg when she had stepped forward, he listened to Atteryv and Marhri, staring at the black wearily.
Tieree frowned at her appearance, but didn't say a word, just keeping close to Atteryv, and an eye on Isrir.
Emmae stepped back as Marhri stepped forward, keeping her distance from all of them. She shook her head "No... no-one needs to see what happened... And neither do you need to know who I am..." She nodded in response to the question "I have." She shook her head again and sighed no-one deserves to see such a sight, you must have been terribly sca-" She paused at Marhri's last statement and took another step back, lowering her head "You can't exactly say... that it wasn't entirely my fault... not at all in fact... Don't thank me either..." She growled lightly "I forbid you to go and see the place.... None of them can be saved... They die, one way or the other... And... It's up to you to help Ell- Ellairhri, but if I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if everything went terribly wrong..." She pauses, now she had made it fairly clear who she was, she expected the worst, before shrugging at Atteryv's question, ready to flee.

Last edited by Lozziieeyy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 am

Marhri looked over at Atteryv confused after Emmae's and Atteryv's comments, "...Wait...so she's the one that killed my sister?" Now that she thought about it, piecing that together seemed so easy. She growled slightly and said, "So...you were the direct cause of all those dead hatchlings!?" Her voice was very agitated, but she forced herself to calm. The dragon in front of her was not the one that carried out the action, and may be able to help them stop her sister if it came to that. She took a few deep breaths to stay relaxed, checking to make sure her outburst hadn't startled Isrir and then noticed something that changed her mind slightly, "Wait....Elly can't be out in the day...wouldn't that be true for you too if you're the uh....same?" Her agitation had faded slightly at this possibility and she added, "And...you don't seem aggressive either..." Noticing her posture, Ellairhri added, "maybe even a little scared?..."
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 am

Atteryv frowns at Emmae's words, nodding and looking nonplussed as she prepares to flee. "I'm going. You might be cold enough to let them suffer, but if any of them are still alive.. How would we know? She incapacitated them, but undead don't have to be whole.. I'll burn any that aren't apparently alive, just in case.. And if she missed any, I suppose.. I'll have to give them blood." He grimaces at the last bit, then shrugs. "And if you think you can forbid me, we'll see what my fire does against your sort. It's usually effective against undead.." Licking Tieree on the snout, he stretches forward and works his wings a bit. "I'm going.. Watch out for Isrir.. And you," he addresses Emmae, "Expect to die if any of these three are so much as scratched when I get back." He sits and gives the assembled a few moments to respond, limbered up and ready to fly, or fight if need be.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 am

Tieree nuzzled him gently and listened to the conversation.
Emmae snorted "Yes I am the one who killed your sister" She said coldly, and her eyes were narrowed. "The only thing I regret about it is that I didn't hurt her enough for her not to come back to kill me" she hissed, retreating even more now. "I wasn't the 'direct cause', it was your retched sister! And it was her fault I killed her in the first place!" She stepped forward again the angrier she got "If your bloody sister wasn't so downright horrid, none of this would have happened." She snorted, her tail flicking from side to side in agitation "Do not compare me to Ellairhri, but I can stay in the sunlight because of this irritating implant in my head, given to me from the leader of an eleven town your sister destroyed." She looked away and calmed way down again "I am being aggressive now because you aren't listening to me. Those hatchlings at the hive will be dead or undead. I can't have you saving them. You are certainly no match for them. And you don't scare me!" She looked at Atteryv as she said this, baring her fangs. "You are not going. Or those hatchlings will not be the only dead ones on my cause" she glanced at the lilac hatchling hiding behind Marhri's paw, who shifted and hugged Marhri's leg, digging his claws in. She seemed serious, and she looked angry, but she was unsure on what she was doing. She even wondered why she even bothered. She softened her voice and looked at the ground "If I was as cold as you think I am, then why do you think I am here? Why did I save elves? Why would I be following Ellairhri around, making sure she doesn't kill anyone else? Please don't go... You need to stick together... If I know anything about a family, you don't split up unless your family is mad... If you go to the western hive you will end up drained of blood, either dead or undead... You will change and you won't feel anything. I have never been through the experience of changing before... But what I do know, is that Ellairhri's case is not one of the worst... She cares about you Marhri... But I can't risk her killing again..." She had completely changed her tune again and she turned away "Honestly... It's your choice..."
Tieree put a paw on Atteryv's shoulder and looked at Emmae for a few moments "Are you really going to risk that?"
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 am

Marhri was at first enraged with Emmae, and dspite her aggression, Marhri stood strong, she winced slightly as Isrir's claws dug into her, and didn't move because she didn't want to put him in danger, but she would have gladly approached Emmae further if that wasn't the case. "Heh, and what makes you think we should listen to you then about those hatchlings? Maybe you want them to suffer? Atteryv's just trying to help them, and I'm sure he can handle himself..." When Emmae's tone changed though she relaxed again and tilted her head from confusion, "Hmm..." Her tone picked up again but Marhri was more inclined to listen to her now, she then sighs and says, "...but even if she does care about me, if I'm the only one, I'd rather she not...well..." Emmae states that she's going to stop her and Marhri says, sounding slightly upset, "Mhm...I agree.....she needs to be stopped, whether or not killed I don't know...but she can't do something like what she did to those hatchlings again. Still....what's to stop you from doing something like that?""
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next