Elesee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunning in the swamp (1)

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sunning in the swamp (1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunning in the swamp (1)

Post  SamusRisng Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Marhri was happy to see the stag was distracted by Atteryv's rush, and was also very surprised to see him risking himself for her. She dived down before the opportunity was lost and snapped on of the deer's necks before attempting to lift it as Atteryv had, her strength only just coming back, she had a difficult time lifting the kill into the air and was left wide open as the stag charged at her, most of the herd now fled to safety behind the stag and Marhri wasn't going to back down so easily. She stared at the stag for the moment, not bothering to check if there was any help around and attempted to swipe her tail into the beast and knock it away.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Atteryv would luckily be moving to intercept the stag as well, smashing into it from the side, going for the legs. Grinning at the satisfying crunch as its legs break from his velocity, he wastes no time in tearing into the only slightly smaller and dangerously thrashing deer. He hurls himself away as it becomes dangerous to attack the creature further, content in the knowledge that it would bleed out quickly and leave them a third, if unnecessary, kill. He walks over to Marhri and gives her a congratulatory nod. "Nice kill.. Not so nice on the escape... Next time, leave the prey, save your life, hmm?" He nods in the direction he came from. "The other one is back the way we came, that way in case you've lost your bearings. Nothing too dangerous on the ground... Go on ahead while I wait for the stag to die, will you? Pity we killed him, but it couldn't be helped I guess.."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Marhri looked away, "Thanks for coming back....and yeah, I...normally would have, you just made carrying it look so easy. I didn't want to look like I couldn't do it either. Guess it's my fault we had to kill him then, isn't it?...but at least it's more food, I bet I won't have to go hunting for a while now." She grabbed the deer's neck in her mouth and started dragging it back, nodding to Atteryv as thanks.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Atteryv nods as she leaves, frowning at the stag as he waits for it to die. As odd as such might seem, he was sad to see it die; even when he had occasionally resorted to hunting from its herd, it had not moved on. Now that the other deer had no protecting body, they would scatter and prove far more difficult to hunt. As the thrashing stag finally stills, he pounces on it and mercifully snaps its neck, then starts to drag it back, not waiting for it to cool, even.
--
Arriving back at the lair, Atteryv would look around for Marhri and nod in her direction. "You wanted to know what I'm not comfortable around? Young males... Please don't ask." Considering her question answered, he promptly ignores it and asks, "Where are we taking these? I'll keep the smallest doe and carry the stag, you and three hatchlings won't eat more than that before it spoils." He stretches, then waves a paw vaguely for her to lead the way before his muscles stiffened and he was tempted to return to his rock.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Marhri looked surprised and said, "...what?" Now a bit more confused than before, asking, "...Why would young ones scare you? Wouldn't it be the old and more powerful ones? As in, the ones that are stronger than you." She lifts the larger of the two does with quite a bit of effort and sets it on her back before looking at the stag and saying, "I am sorry...that you had to kill him. Did it upset you?" After saying this, she starts heading to where they needed to, not wanting to keep him waiting longer and figuring they could talk on the way there.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Atteryv sighs and wishes he were weaker, so he could drag the stag along with his teeth and have that as an excuse for not answering. Sadly, this is not the case, and he answers, "First.. I'm attracted to drakes, instead of dragonesses.. Doesn't stop them from thinking they can manipulate me though. And secondly.. I said they make me uncomfortable. I was.. Taken advantage of, when I was younger, and now that I'm about his size..." He lets his silence afterwards explain his discomfort with the topic, gratefully grabbing onto her next question with a grin and a slight shake of the head. "No, just going to miss having a stupid herd gathering right next to my lair. I'll have to hunt just as hard for deer as anything else now.."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:55 pm

One point in all of that Marhri chooses to focus on and she glares at him angrily, although it was obvious that her anger wasn't directed at him per se, she growled and said, "Who....who would do such a thing to a young little drake? And...also." She relaxes herself, not wanting to seem angry at Atteryv, "....in any case, if that happened to you, why do you like drakes? I would think that would make you not." She honestly did feel a little uncomfortable about the fact he shared with her, but she wouldn't let it change her whole view on the seemingly kind dragon. She also was happy to have a different topic, "Oh...sorry, but I guess you'll get more exercise, become an even stronger dragon. And also...you have the herbs?" She asked as they reached a cave, most likely the dragoness's lair. It was currently covered by a stone.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Atteryv shrugs and shakes his head sadly, wishing she would have just left the topic. "He was a drifter... Thrown out like I was, for the same reasons... And just because of that bad experience, I should change myself, my body and feelings? And again, you mistake me.. I'm attracted to them, just like most drakes are to dragonesses... Or the other way around, I guess. Doesn't mean I -like- all of them.." He drops the topic at the mention of herbs, nodding and lifting a wing to reveal a well-made pouch, likely the result of one of his few trips into town. "I picked them up on my way back with the stag.." He looks at the stone curiously. "That's rather unwelcoming-looking." He sighs quietly. "I'm guessing the injured one is male, with my luck.. Bite me if I do anything inappropriate, would you?" The black and blue drake seems to only be half joking.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Marhri sighed, "First...allow me to apologize for asking, even when you told me not to. Second, I know what you meant, you did say attracted...not liked. I was just...sorry for making the assumption, I thought that you liked drakes because of what happened. Not just that it was you. I would agree that one action should not change your entire being. Sorry for being rude." She eyes the stone as Atteryv comments on it and chuckles a bit, "I...guess it is somewhat uninviting, but I don't want anyone coming and killing the little ones while I'm away...sounds a bit odd to say that but I'm sure you understand why I do." She growls a bit and says, "Yes...the sick is a male, and I'll make sure to retaliate quite effectively if you do anything inappropriate...okay?" She then relaxed again and said, "But why are you afraid of that...since you've had such an experience, I'd think that you'd want to not do that, rather than do the same." She rolled the large heavy stone away with a loud grating noise and instantly two white hatchlings with pale red stripes on their backs jet out of the entrance and attempt to tackle her. Although the freeze up upon spotting the large black and blue dragon that was unfamiliar to them. Marhri laughed a bit and said, "Delightful aren't they." Nudging the two to reassure them.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:46 am

Atteryv sighs, frowning. "Apology accepted." He grimaces as she confirms the sick one is male, but nods when she promises to retaliate. "I know.. But I wouldn't want to take that chance. The one who did that to me probably didn't intend to when he arrived, either... But I don't want that happening with me." He grins and cheers slightly when the two white hatchlings bound out to greet Marhri so enthusiastically, nodding. "Yes, very friendly." Closing his grin into a smile, which shows fewer teeth, he wanders over to prove his good intentions by affectionately nuzzling the two before looking up at Marhri. "Where's the sick one, though?" He frowns as he doesn't notice him in the entryway of the lair, either. "It must be bad if he can't move at all.."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:44 am

Marhri nodded to him and said, "I see...well don't worry, I'll make sure to kill you if you do anything stupid." She chuckled lightly at this and then took on a more serious tone, "Don't worry though, I reassure you that I'll stop you if I notice anything off..." The hatchlings hugged tighter around Marhri and flinched as Atteryv approached, but Marhri gave them both reassuring nudges and said, "Atteryv is a friend Renee, Sallie." The hatchling closer to Atteryv relaxed at the nuzzle and cling onto Atteryv's snout before saying, "Hello! I'm Sallie, nice to meet you mister." Marhri laughs a bit before saying, "They were both distrustful of me, or I guess rather Renee was, at first. But after today they seem to love me." She looked inside and frowned, "Well...there's reason I wanted to hurry..." She simply states before shaking the other hatchling free of her leg and starting to walk in, she turned back to wait for Atteryv.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Atteryv seems reassured at her words, purring and grinning at the hatchling on his snout. "Hello Sallie. Hmm, I'll need you off of my snout, I have to take a look at the other young one..." With this, he gently pushes the enthusiastic young hatchling off of his snout with a paw and follows Marhri into her lair, frowning severely. "Have you been keeping him warm? Washing him regularly? It could be an infection, worms, any number of diseases, or even something he is allergic to, if he's not being washed. I brought herbs for the first three, though the best treatment for allergies that bad is just to keep him alive while he gets over it."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:48 am

Isrir was pressed against the wall, scales scattered around the floor. With what scales he had, they were a faded purple, he was curled up tightly. You could see he was moist, sweating out what fresh water he had drank that day. He was as far as he could get to the back of the room he was in.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

https://eleseeroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:09 am

Sallie giggles again as she lets go of Atteryv's snout and follows Renee inside, commenting, 'blue guy is nice' Marhri listened to Atteryv as they entered an area where they could barely fit by ducking, the entrance clearly made with hatchlings in mind. The room they entered had a lit stove with some boiling water in it as well as a few crevices to hold objects, acting somewhat like shelves, and a pile of cloths in the corner the hatchling was near them sitting up against the wall, "I've done everything I could aside from actual herbs and...well, good food. I had to give him what I caught. And you saw..." she fell silent for a while, remembering her encounter with the Stag, "I couldn't exactly get enough to feed him well. But yes, I've kept him warm, washed him and given him plenty of water." She explained on the way before running over to him and saying, "Hey...how're you doing little guy?" She eyed the scattered scales and said sadly, "Still...sick huh?..." before checking him over for wounds made by the scales detaching.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:16 am

Atteryv follows Marhri into her lair, immediately spotting Isrir with a frown. Walking towards the sickly hatchling, he would sniff at him, removing the herbs for fever and worms from his pouch and placing them in front of him. "These will help with the fever, and the sweating.. The other ones will do nothing unless you've got worms. Please try to chew and swallow all of them.." Noting the pungent smell around the young one's scales, a memory of his early years in the swamp returns to him. "Marhri, I'm going to breath fire on him.. I can control it, but you have to be quiet and not distract me." He looks down to the sickly younger drake as well. "You too... This is going to burn a little, but it worked for me when I got little patches of what's hurting you, and it won't be too bad.. If you want to feel better, stay still and quiet, got it?" He waits for agreement from those around him before attempting anything.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 am

Isrir stared at Atteryv for a moment, when he saw him, and nodded in response to their questions, he was silent for now, and ate the herbs, slowly, understanding they will get him back into shape quicker. He braced himself for being breathed fire on, understanding also that it would do him good.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:44 am

( Yay color ^_^ )

Marhri sighs as Isrir still doesn't speak, She nuzzles him gently and explains that situation to Atteryv, "He still hasn't said much at all. He can obviously speak...but...I guess he's in too much pain. Do you know what's causing this?" She asked as she picked up some of the little dragon's scales and examined them, "As for the fire breathing...I trust you. Although that doesn't mean I won't be watching carefully. If he's in pain, I'll stop you, okay?"

( Kinda short )
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:01 am

Atteryv shakes his head. "It's going to hurt some, regardless. I have to burn away the top layer of skin, and remove any loose scales.. Then clean it afterwards. That's the only way he'll heal. I'm not sure what causes it, but it happens to me occasionally, in small patches, and the gators get it too. The herbs I gave him will only help what's on the inside, and calm his body's reaction to it.. But the only way to kill what's up on the skin and making him lose scales is fire." Shooing the other hatchlings and Marhri away from him, he warns Isrir, "Don't move," then breathes a wide sheet of flame over the hatchling, keeping it from burning past the top layer of the hatchling's skin as promised with his eldritch connection to his fire. After a few short seconds, he forces the flame to snuff itself out and begins roughly cleaning away the burned patches, careful not to swallow any of the possibly still-tainted skin. Finishing, he pulls away from the hatchling, eyes full of pity, as he knows firsthand the pain brought on by treating even a small patch of the stuff, and couldn't imagine having it removed from his sensitive belly, where the hatchling had it as well. "I'm sorry.. I know it hurts, but you'll heal now." He looks down at his paws, frowning, then perks up as he remembers he had spotted giant aloe not too far from the cave mouth. "I'll be back with something for the pain. Marhri, don't let him scratch!"
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:15 am

Isrir shut his eyes tight, and nodded once in response to staying still. He letout a short whine, and resisted the urge to run around squealing, he was close to tears by the time Atteryv had finished, and still didn't move, he stung badly, and didn't want to do anything, in case it hurt. He looked painfully up to Atteryv, and let out a small 'bark' as a warning, and scowled at Marhri for not doing anything to stop him. He simply whine, and took one step back, shivering slightly.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:38 am

Marhri gave Isrir an apologetic gaze and told him, "It hurt...yes young one...but, it's for the best." Since he had yet to speak himself, she had no idea how much he understood in terms of speech, and regretted that she couldn't express her thoughts through contact now without harming him, he likely was expecting that and waiting for assurance that he would be okay. Marhri then growled at Atteryv as he left and stated, "This had better work..." She made no comment on him going to get something for the pain until she heard a gasp and saw Renee looking around the corner at the injured hatchling's new condition. She frowned and stated, "Thank you for getting something to help though Atteryv..." as she nudged Renee out and said, "Don't look...and tell your sister not to also..." Before heading back to make sure Isrir didn't scratch.
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 am

--
Atteryv returns about five minutes later with several giant aloe plants in his jaws, moving over to the hatchling and beginning to chew the first one with a sense of urgency. "I'm sorry it hurts so much. This will help.." He demonstrates, spitting out the pulp and carefully applying it to one of the more painful-looking spots with a paw, letting Isrir attack him if he felt the need. After giving the hatchling a moment to register the numb spot, he begins chewing another pawful of stalks and applies them when he finishes, repeating as necessary past any resistance until the hatchling was more or less numb everywhere he had been burned. Finishing, he asks, "Better?" then nuzzles Isrir apologetically before moving away. Glancing to Marhri, he smiles. "He should be fine now. My scales always grew back stronger after a treatment like that, too, so he'll be tougher for this." He shakes his head gently and looks at his paws. "I just wish I was able to heal with magic. Then he wouldn't have to feel the kind of pain he's probably in right now. The aloe should help, but that's only temporary."
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Isrir sat still until Atteryv got back, but growled whenever he got near, and snapped out at him when he touched, he eventually admitted defeat though, when he became numb, and whined, not liking the numbness even if it got rid of his pain for a while. He recoiled at the nuzzle and stared at him angrily.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamusRisng Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Marhri understood Isrir's gestures entirely, knowing he wanted Atteryv away. She nudged him back and said, "Leave him alone...thank you for the help, but...I think you're upsetting him. And...magic, I could try again, but it won't do much for his burns or sickness. Maybe it'll make some of the pain go away though?" She clasped her paws together in front of her and when she pulled them apart there was a glowing orb of white energy in front of her, her eyes seemed to lost focus and she seemed in a bit of a trance as she pushed the orb into Isrir. There was a quick burst of light and then any indication that Marhri had been doing anything odd was gone, she looked normal, Isrir looked like a normal hatchie with burns and Atteryv looked just as he had before she started, "That should dull the pain a bit more maybe..." She nuzzled the little hatchling and said, "Feeling better young one? Perhaps you have a name we can call you?"
SamusRisng
SamusRisng
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakk Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 am

Atteryv frowns, lowering his head. "I'm sorry little one. I know from experience how bad it is, and you had patches on your belly... But I promise you'll feel better soon, if you keep the burns clean." Turning to Marhri, he blinks. "What was that? Magic? Hmm.. You'll have to keep the burns washed, anyways, but none of them are severe. The symptoms should disappear in a day, at most, as his body realizes the problem is gone." He then looks longingly at the exit, still feeling fairly terrible over the pain he had caused the hatchling with his treatment, but doesn't move until dismissed.
Arakk
Arakk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lozziieeyy Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:28 am

Isrir nodded, and slowly lay down. He shook slightly, and curled up, hissing quietly at the burning sensation. Though you could tell he was glad that most of the pain had gone.
Lozziieeyy
Lozziieeyy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next